Continuing Education for Movement Teachers
The following program is designed for Certified Rosen Method Movement teachers. We encourage practitioners to inform the Rosen Institute of continuing education opportunities in your community, region or online.
To download a copy of the program and tracking sheet click here.
Educational Topics: ROSEN MOVEMENT (Required)
- Co-teaching Movement Intensives or Intro Workshops
- Assisting at Movement Intensive trainings or Intro Workshops
- Attending advanced Movement trainings (for certified teachers)
- Attending Movement classes of other instructors/teachers
- Attending peer group gatherings, including meetings by Skype
- Attending Rosen Bodywork workshops, trainings, Intensives
- Attending seminar sessions at a Global Congress (up to 10 hrs) allowable for 2-year period: i.e., strongly encouraged)
- Receiving Movement supervisions and/or coaching sessions
- Client review sessions
- Receiving Rosen Bodywork individual sessions
- Reading & studying Rosen Method International Journal articles and issues
- Book club discussions (Movement-related reading topics)
- Self-guided study (reading articles, journals, books on Rosen Movementrelated topics); requirement of short written report (1-3 paragraphs?) to be kept with CE tracking forms*
- Other types of immersion in Rosen Movement and Bodywork
*[No more than 25% of total CE hours of this self-guided type of study will be counted.]
Educational Topics: LEADERSHIP SKILLS/TRAINING
- Communication training: giving positive and supportive feedback
- Learning about different presentation styles, increasing ones own effectiveness
- Classes on public speaking and self-confidence, giving presentations, leading groups
- Leadership training
Educational Topics: RELATED MOVEMENT, PHYSICAL, MEDICAL FIELDS
- Advanced anatomy and physiology of movement, prevention of injuries, physical therapy
- Emotional anatomy trainings, experiential anatomy, Rosen anatomy courses (cadaver study)
- Other related movement and somatic modalities, such as Feldenkrais, Alexander Technique, Body-Mind Centering, Authentic Movement, Essential Motion, etc.
- Speciality training: working with elders/geriatric care; people with disabilities; people with Parkinsons, multiple sclerosis, etc.
- Related modalities focusing on balance, strength, core: Tai Chi, Qigong, Yoga, Pilates, Dance, etc.
Educational Topics: MUSIC STUDY AND OTHER ARTISTIC FIELDS
- Learning basics of music for Movement: rhythm, tempo, etc.; Eurythmy classes; drumming classes, sacred dance, movement improvisation
- Studying basics of dance: ballroom, salsa, modern, tap, hip-hop, disco, tango, and others
- Learning about creative process in other artspainting, sculpture, music, for exampleto cultivate spontaneity, freedom of expression, etc.
- Study in music and the brain
Educational Topics: PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
- Engaging in personal spiritual growth activities, such as meditation retreats, practicing presence, attentiveness /carefulness, mindfulness, etc.
- Rosen Method Bodywork intensive trainings (see above)
- Workshops, professional trainings on boundaries, transference, countertransference
- Wellness programs, classes: nutrition, diet, fitness, injury prevention, health maintenance
- Classes/training in First Aid, CPR, first-responder skills
Educational Topics: BUSINESS PRACTICE, DEVELOPMENT, PROMOTION
- Business practices money issues; how to create an effective team; how to find appropriate outside resources such as bookkeeper, technology support, legal consultation, insurance issues, etc.
- Learning to how to design intros or presentations
- Writing about Rosen Movement for publication finding ways to communicate to the general public and/or various specialists (doctors, psychotherapists, etc.)