Continuing Education for Bodywork Practitioners
The following program is designed for Certified Rosen Method Bodywork practitioners. We encourage practitioners to inform the Rosen Institute of continuing education opportunities in your community, region or online.
To download a copy of the program and tracking sheet click here.
CE Requirement Hours and Time Frame
Required hours: 20 hours
Time frame: over a two-year period; start date = 1 January 2015. The first CE period is 1 January 2015 1 January 2017.
Half of the hours should be Rosen-related (from category 1); the other half by choice (choosing from categories 2-6). If you prefer to have more than half or all of your hours be Rosen-related, that is definitely acceptable.
Tracking: It is your personal responsibility to keep track of time frame, hours, and progress.
Educational Topics: ROSEN METHOD BODYWORK (Required)
- Assisting at Intensive trainings or Intro Workshops
- Introductory Workshop Teacher training
- Attending seminar sessions at a Global Congress (up to 10 hrs allowed)
- Receiving Rosen Method sessions
- Receiving Rosen Method supervisions and/or coaching sessions
- Leading or attending Rosen Method practicums
- Peer group gatherings (in person and by Skype or phone)
- Continuing education courses offered by Rosen teachers to practitioners, interns, advanced students
- Reading & studying Rosen Method International Journal articles and issues
- Attending Rosen Movement classes and trainings
- Client review sessions
- Self-guided study (reading articles, journals, books on Rosen-related topics); requirement of short written report (1-3 paragraphs) to be kept with CE tracking forms
- Book club discussions (Rosen Method-related reading topics)
- Other types of immersion in Rosen Method
Educational Topics: LEADERSHIP SKILLS/TRAINING
- Communication training; effective written communication and digital etiquette, confidentiality, and boundaries in written communication
- Learning about different presentation styles, increasing ones own effectiveness: designing & doing a lecture/demonstration
- Classes on public speaking, presentations
- Leadership training
Educational Topics: PSYCHOLOGY/PSYCHOTHERAPY/TRAUMA THERAPY
- Engaging in personal therapy
- Studying another related somatic discipline
- Psychological and psychotherapeutic education and trainings
- Trauma training and approaches
- Exploring how the shadow emerges throughout the Rosen process, in individual work, in teaching, in learning, in supervisions, etc. (for example: Jungianworkshops, art therapy, dance therapy, etc.)
Educational Topics: BODY-MIND SYSTEM/NEUROSCIENCE/MEDICINE
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Emotional Anatomy
- Exploring neuroscience, neurophysiology, and related topics
Educational Topics: PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
- Engaging in personal spiritual growth activities, such as meditation retreats, practicing presence, attentiveness /carefulness, mindfulness, etc.
- Workshops, professional trainings on boundaries, transference, countertransference
- Wellness programs, classes: nutrition, diet, fitness, injury prevention, health maintenance
- Classes/training in First Aid, CPR, first-responder skills
Educational Topics: BUSINESS PRACTICE, DEVELOPMENT, PROMOTION
- Business practices money issues; how to create an effective team; how to find appropriate outside resources such as bookkeeper, technology support, legal consultation, insurance issues, etc.
- Learning to how to design a lecture/demonstration
- Writing about Rosen Method for publication finding ways to communicate about Rosen Method to the general public and/or various specialists (doctors, psychotherapists, etc.)